Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

George Seger?

• Please log in to reply

Heidi

Posted 06 June 2002 - 04:54 PM

Heidi

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,129 posts
In the just wondering, useless trivia forum, My question is, Does Bobs brother George have any musical talents like Bob and his Dad? Also, Did George ever have any thing to do with Bobs carreer in any way? thanks.

Sonny

Posted 07 June 2002 - 02:45 PM

Sonny

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 753 posts
In a 96 interview, when asked about it from a caller, Bob said he lived nearby where they live. And said that George has his own store now, but worked in security for many years, and may have worked with his security team, at one point, it was mentioned, but he didn't say much more than that, about it. Other than that, I'm not sure if he was involved in his
career any further.

lindab

Posted 07 June 2002 - 03:54 PM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
George also has homes in Michigan and Florida. I saw him in 1996 at the backstage party in Detroit and he looks just like Bob.....just a wee bit older. At that time Bob was dyeing his hair and George was totally grey. Not sure if he played any part in Bob's career.

Noah

Posted 07 June 2002 - 09:39 PM

Noah

Official SegerNet Sports Reporter

• Members
  • 717 posts
If I remember correctly george's store is on northwestern hwy in detroit.Maybe the chick or marie could verify location and name of his store.
He sells home/office furnature.
In the '96 interview sonny brings up I think he said that george worked in security for bob and the band in the 70's

Sonny

Posted 11 June 2002 - 10:13 PM

Sonny

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 753 posts
Noah, I got that from the very interview cd i got from you in trade. The guy that called in about that, had a detective agency with George, and was asking where he was because he hadn't seen him in years, that's when bob exlained about his store. Bob said George worked in security for many years.
Another very interesting caller was a lady that Bob had known for years that worked at a restaurant near Cross Village.
Then Bob explained where his cabin was, he said it was 25 miles S W of the Mackinaw bridge, another caller asked about the Bliss fest, up by Cross Village, I think there is a town called Bliss, is that right?
My folks have been to Mackinaw Island, and one night my daughter and i were over at their house, we looked on the map and seen where these were.
Now to make this longer, was just wondering if any of you, from Michigan, have been there or to that bliss fest.
I know I've heard from my folks and many other people that it is
absolutely beautiful country.
Just wondering if any of you are familiar with that area. Sonny

lindab

Posted 12 June 2002 - 12:54 PM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
Hi Sonny, I live maybe a little over an hour away (south) of where Bob had his cottage (may still have one there, not sure). Cross Village is a tiny town with a really neat restaurant called Leggs Inn. Very unusual place, very quaint. We drove by where Seger's cottage is and some people walking showed us the way....they commented on how they wished he would paint it. This was several years ago, so could all be changed by now. In fact, in this area of lakes, it isn't uncommon to tear old places down and put up nice homes, so he may have. I also heard that he has a huge log place south of me (won't say where). Have not been to the Bliss fest...sorry, always hear about it. It is beautiful country around here and north of here, we call it God's country. Getting busy as of late, tourist area, the southern Michigan people come here to vacation and spend their money. Bob is well known up here and does frequent many of the little towns and their bars/eateries. He loves fried chicken, I hear. Hey try www.blissfest.org/

Sonny

Posted 12 June 2002 - 07:12 PM

Sonny

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 753 posts
Hi Lindab and thanks for the info. That would be a nice place to visit someday.
You probably could tell me, according to interviews and the time frame, that Bob's kids, Cole is probably 8 or 9, and Samantha is probably about 6 or 7, am I right on that? And while on the subject of this post heading, I thought I had heard a long time ago, that George also had kids, are they a lot older, now? Lindab or anyone know on the Seger kids.
I know Bob has said that having kids, was a big inspiration in the songs on 'Like a Mystery', being topical, having kids and thinking about their future. As a parent myself, I can relate to that way of thinking and the world around us,
and their future.
Sonny

[Edited on 6/13/02 by Sonny]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users