Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

For Cole and Samantha Seger

• Please log in to reply

Shake Baby Shake

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:43 AM

Shake Baby Shake

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 904 posts
For Cole and Samantha Seger ...

After all the letters we wrote and all other manner of us fans clamoring for your Dad and his friends to "rock and roll us one more", it's our understanding that you two wanting to see your dad perform is what really convinced him to make this tour happen.

Thank You.

I hope that from what you saw on this tour gave you some idea of the depth of the feelings we have for the music your dad and his friends, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, have made - the significant and positive influences they've had on us over the years.

NOT TO MENTION HOW MUCH FUN WE ALL HAD !!!!

At your ages it might be hard to comprehend the vast well of emotions that millions of people have found in the music of your dad and his friends - just read some of the comments we've written here. Being fans - for nearly 30 years myself (and 5 years or so of talking about it here), it's still so hard for us to put into words.

It's almost a separate and distinct emotion for me. Merely saying "I love it" never really quite covers it - well, I love my cat too. That I camped out overnight for concert tickets for past tours doesn't really prove much - anybody could do that, and make a fast buck re-selling the tickets. I did that simply to be first in line to get the "good seats" up front to see my favorite band. It was all part of the fun and I still enjoy telling these stories. The memories from these experiences are priceless and I would do it again without even thinking about it.

This time around I had some help - and a little bit of luck. And for the second time I got to see my favorite band from the front row! Those who made it happen know who they are so I'll spare the details here - but still wanting them to have full credit for this particular episode of my Silver Bullet story. We were also treated to the post concert party as well, meeting people that are more like uncles and aunts maybe to you. We were made to feel like old friends. A whole bunch of our segernet friends here spent some serious money, traveling to various shows and got to meet each other in person.

This was once in a lifetime for a lot of us, and for some the first time. Dare I compare it to the boy or girl you might have a secret crush on and are too scared to talk to? That might be a stretch, but I'd hope you get the idea. Our after concert photos didn't turn out but the images I have in my mind I'll carry forever - along with the ticket stubs and the t-shirts of course.

We've done our level best to show the love we collectively have for your dad and his friends with the "Rock The Hall" campaign, and now with one sold-out show after another - a tour most of us didn't really think would happen a couple of years ago. It's been a riot of fun reading peoples concert stories and the wave of overwhelmingly positive articles and reviews from across the country.

I'd hope that in the years ahead you both will be as proud, inspired -and at times comforted - by the example of what your dad and his friends created and accomplished.

And savor the memories from this tour as much as we will.

Sincerely,

Jon J. Becker

Minnesota

tank5252

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

tank5252

Stranger In Town

• Members
  • 10 posts
I SECOND THAT!!! THANK YOU!!!

TrueSegerfan

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

TrueSegerfan

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 354 posts
Well said Shake!!!! I whole heartedly agree!!!

Cole and Samantha, Thanks for talking your Dad into touring again. I was never able to see him before, but I just love his music. I was able to make 5 concerts this tour, the memories will stay with me forever......Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band ROCK!!!

THANK YOU!! B)

bob ward

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

bob ward

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 51 posts
Thanks Samantha and Cole you have a lot of reasons to be proud of you father.

P.S. I hope you can convince him to tour in the fall !!!

NWStranger

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:53 AM

NWStranger

Brave Stranger

• Members
  • 36 posts
Thank You so much Samantha and Cole for sharing your dad with us these past months . It has been such a great time for many of us to experiance one of the best performers of all time, your dad!! We all would like to keep it going and we all hope that this is not the real famous final scene :( , But if it is I have to say it has been some of the best times in my life period!
Also Nita a BIG THANK YOU to you for your sacrifices during this time, we appreciate them !!!

smileeseger

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

smileeseger

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

for the first (and maybe only time) meeting people that are like uncles and aunts maybe to you.

I wish I had and "Uncle" Kid Rock.
Or and "Uncle" Don Brewer.

Noah

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

Noah

Official SegerNet Sports Reporter

• Members
  • 734 posts
Man, Shake why ya gotta go and choke me up like that?
Your post was very good and from the heart ...I love it and agree with it
Well said and Thank you Cole and Samantha and Nita Seger.

Pewter

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

Pewter

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 55 posts
Thank You for a very well written piece.
I think you summed it up for all of us that attended this tour.

Thank-You to the Seger family for letting us have your Dad/Husband for a little while.
What great memories we all have now, to add to the older foggy ones. lol.

illusions without freedom

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

illusions without freedom

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 560 posts
Shake,
Just read what you wrote for the first time. You nailed it , it made me choke up a bit. Thanks for what you wrote, it came from the gut, that's for sure. Again, well done and thanks to Cole and Samantha.

John

lindab

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
Guess this was written while I was on vacation cause I have never read it before. Thanks IWF for bringing it back. Jon Becker...your way with words never cease to amaze me. Thank you for thanking Cole, Samantha and Nita better than I ever could have. I had the pleasure of meeting Cole and high fiving him and telling him his dad rocks!!! His big smile...wonder where he gets that!!!...told me he knows his dad rocks. I think they had a ball watching their dad and I can't help but think that they must have been awe struck at the crowds response. They were too young to ever realize the power that Bob had with his music. I will take this one step further and thank the families of the band members, managers and crews. It was difficult for some to say the least. Wow....what a ride that was.

murphysmom

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

murphysmom

Stranger In Town

• Members
  • 6 posts
Jon Becker, You've said this better than any of us ever could. We saw Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band 30 years ago, again in 2007 and again in 2011. For some of us the party continues. I can honestly say that I didn't think that I would ever be going to still see any band at this stage in my life, but would go again and again to see Bob Seger. The memories seeing him in concert brings back of my younger brother & I waiting in line all night long to get good seats to see him. My younger brother is gone now, and we played his music at the funeral. He would have liked that. I've never had front row seats, but it doesn't matter. Just sitting in the audience, listening to the band, seeing the effect that Bob has on the crowd. It was amazing then and it's amazing now. I think it's awesome that he quit touring to be the family man, and it's obviously paid off as you never hear anything bad in the news about his kids. I think it's even more awesome that they talked him into going back out on the road again so that they can now experience that effect that he had and still has on his fans. I join you in saying 'thanks' to all of those involved for his agreeing to tour again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users