Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

concert dvd

• Please log in to reply

Little Queenie

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

Little Queenie

SEGERSLQ

• Members
  • 1,680 posts
From Rock Radio Online

Bob Seger hoping to shoot concert DVD as tour ends
With his Face The Promise tour wrapping up on Saturday, March 17th, Bob Seger is hoping to get some last-minute work done and shoot footage for a concert DVD. The show will be his third this week at home in Detroit, and Seger told us that he really hopes things work out better this time than they did back in December at some other hometown gigs: "The first night, the sound sounded great and the lighting was bad, second night, the lighting was a little bit better, but too much light, and it didn't look real, and then the sound was horrible, because the guy went to Turkey! So I'm hopeful that we'll be able to do these three (shows in Detroit) and get a better product. I just didn't think the product was very top-notch. I thought the band played good, but the sound wasn't great -- but the look was the thing that I didn't like, the lighting wasn't good."

The show tomorrow is at Cobo Hall in Detroit, where Seger recorded his 1976 concert album Live Bullet.

Seger's never said this is his last tour, but he is planning to take off at least until October before deciding if he wants to go back out again.

FanOFBob

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:54 PM

FanOFBob

UMC

• Members
  • 167 posts
i sure hope we get a dvd bob pleeese give us a dvd

MJV

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

MJV

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 382 posts
I want to be optimistic and I sure hope this DOES happen (sooner rather than later).

If and when it does happen, it will be fantastic, but remember what we all went thru waiting for FTP.
P.E. does not have a great track record with these things.

This is from WikiPedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Rock
Kid Rock and Twisted Brown Trucker (see below) were to release a live DVD of their performance at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan on May 12/May 13, 2006 by the end of 2006, which never materialized.

I have zero knowledge of the music/entertainment industry.... Does the artist (Bob or KR as the case may be) call all the shots or is it management or some combination of the two ?

Holding my breath with anticipation while suffering with the beginings of Bob_Seger-&SBB_Withdrawal_Syndrome.....

Gazza

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

Gazza

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 690 posts
I would think that Bob Seger will have the ultimate say on approving of the material for release on DVD although I am sure these decisions are made in consultation with Punch Edwards.In fact from what I have read Punch has,for a long time,been in favour of releasing a DVD. I dont imagine that a lot of input is required from Bob Seger in terms of artistic input so it should not be a protracted excercise for him.He will either like or dislike what they have put together in terms of concert footage and extras.
In my opinion the quicker they put together the concert DVD the more interest it will generate whilst the tour is still fresh in every fans mind.Of course they are now talking about some additional concert dates later this year so they might delay the release until the tour is well and truely over although I do not think this would be necessary.
Lets hope they get it together sooner rather than later.At least we know that Bob Seger and PE were serious about capturing footage on this tour so they have the motivation and I do not think that motivation had been there in the past.New technology may have changed their thinking I guess.

fine memories

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 664 posts
The huge sales of FTP, and the sold-out tour dates should have convinced Bob & Punch that a DVD will sell well. Yet we know that Seger's people filmed 35 concerts on the 96 tour, and those tapes have not seen the light of day. So if they deep-six the 06 tour tapes it would not shock me in the least.

FanOFBob

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

FanOFBob

UMC

• Members
  • 167 posts
well maybe if he has footage from 96 tour maybe he might give us some of that and some of the new and make it a deluxe edition of his stuff die hard seger fans would find someway to come up with cash for some kind of DVD

dunnright

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

dunnright

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 314 posts
I would love to have this. Who knows though, don't forget "Back in 72" is remastered and packaged and still it has not been released. Thank God we got FTP and that amazing tour. I agree with everyone who is saying that it will be tough to go back to nothing. Suddenly there was Bob everywhere, radio, Letterman, Leno, The View, magazine covers, daily newspaper interviews, and now...

Two things that didn't materialize though were the Tribute CD and the Crossroads special. Those both would have been sweet. I was hoping in one of the upteen interviews somebody would ask about them and/or the back catalog. Nobody ever asked them that I ever saw.

I heard on one of the Detroit stations that they have a working title for the live CD/DVD (if it comes out) as "Return of the Bullet" so here's hoping! I will buy it on day 1 just like I did for FTP.

Paul

DetroitRocker

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

DetroitRocker

UMC

• Members
  • 180 posts
Having attended all 3 shows in Detroit, alls I can say is I want my DVD!!!!! The Cobo shows were worthy of whatever the title will be. I myself called those nights Live Bullet II. ;)

FanOFBob

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

FanOFBob

UMC

• Members
  • 167 posts
ill be there to purchase it day one also might even get more than one copy just in case

Pewter

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

Pewter

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 55 posts
CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!! I will be buying a few copies of the DVD for sure. I'm hoping it will be a set of 2 so they can put lots of old footage, like what's on the FTP dvd, obviously they have lots more kicking around. That would be the ultimate!!!
Pewter.

deputydog981

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

deputydog981

UMC

• Members
  • 155 posts
I won't hold my breath for a dvd. 1st excuse was the sound was bad and the lighting was great, then the opposite at the next concert. Splicing together this tour with the '96 won't work I think. Remember Bobs oil black dye job from '96? lol All I can say is thank goodness for the bootlegs!!!!!!!! What will happen 1st, Cole's 21st birthday or release of a Seger dvd. Happy 21st Cole!!!!! roflmfao

fine memories

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 664 posts
I give the new DVD a decent chance this time.....just a gut feeling. Though Seger's track record concerning these things is terrible, I will admit. I agree deptuydog981 about the bootleg DVDs. I just watched the 1980 boot-DVD from Largo MD today.......just OUTSTANDING ! This was a "PRO-SHOT" by Bob & Punch that someone slipped out. Seger never released it.

This concert has a great set-list, one of the best he's ever done, and the energy level was off the charts. I guess the master tape of the show is rotting away in the vault. Such a waste, really.

rdubois85

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

rdubois85

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
look closely at seger promo and you can find the largo DVD scattered through out. Take a look at the music video of tun the page (DVD bonus on GHII). Around 2:42 during the word "stage" (as in "up on the stage")

There is a quick shot if the band featuring Drew Abbott (the last tour he would be a part of) and a grizzly Craig Frost (far right walking to the band).

Seger's people definitely have some great stuff yet, and judging by the quality in the music video, I'd say the Largo DVD exists in much better shape than what has circulated!

quickly looking over the whole turn the page movie, I count (so far) over 5 shots from the largo show.

fine memories

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 664 posts
Lol, good detective Ross ! The Largo tape is the best example of Seger in his prime that I have ever seen in concert length format. And you're right, that tape is just sitting around in very good condition somewhere for what, 27 years ! It just seem pointless to hold onto material like this forever.

Mike from GR

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

Mike from GR

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 868 posts
I just posted an article about Seger leaving Capitol Records. That article confirms CD/DVD this fall. Still, I know Seger's track record with these things -- no matter what is said.

I started to mention the DVD in the sub-headline of that post and hit the enter button by mistake. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users