Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

jan

• Please log in to reply

lisa1962

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

lisa1962

The Lonely One

• Members
  • 1 posts
Does anyone happen to know where or what happened with Jan D. after her and Bob split in 83?

Mike from GR

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Mike from GR

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 916 posts
Interesting question. I doubt we'll ever know much. I found a column from the Montreal Gazette in June of 1984 (Names in the News by Doug Camilli) that reported the end of Seger's messy split from Jan Dinsdale. It said that she was paid $250,000 and agreed not to write a book about their years together.

Seger had by then began seeing a 21-year-old cocktail waitress (Kelly Karschnick) from Alpena, MI, that he met in his visits to the Holiday Inn's Anchorage Lounge in that town. I've wondered if that might have been the inspiration for the "Wildfire."

Seger has always surrounded himself with loyal people, so I imagine that even when he experienced the difficulties that most of us go through, those who were close to him will remain quiet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users