Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is there an announcement coming?

• Please log in to reply

fine memories

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 739 posts

This is odd.....WFMK 99.1 DJ Monica Harris has a piece on their website today about purchasing tickets to Seger's show at DTE (Pine Knob) on the 9th, but of course that sale is over & sold out. Seems she still thinks there are tickets going on sale tomorrow, the 20th. There are no tickets left. What's interesting is she claims there are tickets for five thousand dollars that involve a meet & greet....since when does Bob do that ? She does not even mention if Bob is involved in the "meet & greet" ? 

Gazza

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Gazza

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 778 posts

September 23 The Palace.

PineKnob

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

PineKnob

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 345 posts

Is this just the beginning of the end?

Or literally the end with 2 final Detroit shows to wrap-up an illustrious career that has spanned over 50 years?

I find it a bit odd and out of character that there hasn't been an "official" statement that there will be a tour (beyond these 2 dates) and no mention of a corresponding album release.

I wonder, pure speculation, that for age/health reasons a multi-city tour isn't feasible and the Detroit shows are a way to say good-bye and to quietly ride off into the sunset so to speak.

Or are the Detroit shows a tune-up to see if Seger's body and voice can hold up to a 2-hour show?

I've read the other posts about Punch clearing dates this fall - nothing confirmed - but that goes back to the point about no mention of an actual tour.

In regard to a new album, I read awhile back that it was wrapped up before Seger performed at the Kennedy Center Honors and was just a matter of time,

Granted, we all know that it's not "done" until it's actually released, but I thought there might be some hint of news.

Curious to hear what others may think or may have heard on what the future holds.

I'm definitely excited about the 2 shows...my screen name alone should show my enthusiasm for the "Pine Knob" show.

fine memories

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 739 posts

Quoting Gary Graff from the Oakland Press today: " The DTE &  Palace concerts are the only shows Seger has announced so far, but he & the band are prepping for a longer tour with dates to be expected soon."  Gary is plugged into the Seger camp as most of us know. 

Gazza

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

Gazza

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 778 posts

teaser.mp4

Noah

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

Noah

Official SegerNet Sports Reporter

• Members
  • 737 posts
"One last time"

Specifically the Palace and Pine Knob shows.... or for good?😕

PineKnob

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

PineKnob

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 345 posts

The Detroit Free Press posted a short article with the video mentioned above... can't seem to post the link..

It says the band is already rehearsing which makes me think the tour starts before Detroit?

I know Seger prefers to play indoors which lends itself to a fall/winter tour...

But 3 plus months of rehearsing seems a lot even for Seger standards if Detroit is first.

Any thoughts?

TTJ

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

TTJ

Stranger In Town

• Members
  • 15 posts

Several new tour dates posted at bobseger.com starting 8/24 in Toledo.

Several of the dates have conflicts with Grand Funk's tour schedule including both scheduled on 9/2 in Indiana at the same venue. Could it be possible that GF may be opening for Seger?

Oakland Press says Nancy Wilson from Heart will be opening for some of the tour dates but not all of them.

segerman

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

segerman

UMC

• Members
  • 181 posts

Runaway Train Tour!

http://www.rollingst...in-tour-w485180

Noah

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

Noah

Official SegerNet Sports Reporter

• Members
  • 737 posts
"Runaway Train" tour? New song? New album name? Cover of the 90s song?

Cincinnati Seger

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

Cincinnati Seger

UMC

• Members
  • 215 posts

According to SegerFile "Runaway Train" was a song that didn't make the It's a Mystery Album.

So, a new album with a few older songs included, like Ride Out, or, an Early Seger Volume 2 type thing....

fine memories

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 739 posts

So.....naming the tour "Runaway Train" after a song Bob has wrote brings up the obvious question about there being some kind of release attached to the new tour. Seger mentioned this past winter that he had finished up a new album, but that was about the only item I've seen mentioning any new product from Bob. It's all been pretty vague.

Very happy about the new tour. 

Mike from GR

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Mike from GR

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 987 posts

It's not surprising to see a bunch of tickets being resold for the Pine Knob show, even though it sold out to fan club members. Like many venues, there are people who "own" the seats. They pay a significant price for the right to buy tickets to that specific seat for each show at the venue. That would be why you see specific seats for sale at ticket resellers before they go on sale to anyone as well.

Cincinnati Seger

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

Cincinnati Seger

UMC

• Members
  • 215 posts

While listening to satellite radio yesterday a DJ commented on Seger's impending tour and mentioned that he has finished an album that was recorded in Nashville and Detroit.  Again, though, we don't know if it's an entirely new album, a mix of new and unreleased songs, or an Early Seger Volume 2.

Gazza

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

Gazza

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 778 posts

It's not surprising to see a bunch of tickets being resold for the Pine Knob show, even though it sold out to fan club members. Like many venues, there are people who "own" the seats. They pay a significant price for the right to buy tickets to that specific seat for each show at the venue. That would be why you see specific seats for sale at ticket resellers before they go on sale to anyone as well.

Mike thanks for the clarification.That makes good sense.I was curious to understand how such tickets appear on various resale sites in advance of fansite presales & general sale.I was told they were,in the main genuine.The higher cost of the ticket is easier to understand in that case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users