Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bob Seger's Music Finally Lands on Streaming Services

• Please log in to reply

Uncle Joe

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

Uncle Joe

UMC

• Members
  • 153 posts

See here http://www.rollingst...ervices-w488210

Maybe the beginning of a new strategy ?

fine memories

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 739 posts

Good news. You can bet that excellent article by Tim Quirk at NPR: "Where Have All the Bob Seger Albums gone" several months back played a big part in getting Punch & the gang to the negotiation table to make a deal. It was a meticulous exposure of how Seger's legacy was getting short-shrift.

I also noticed buried in one of the releases about this streaming news in the Morning Sun Entertainment that Gary Graff (a close Seger confidant) mentioned that Bob has been working on a new album in Nashville, but with no release date offered.     . 

Gazza

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Gazza

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 778 posts

Two factors would bring about this change in stance.

1.Flagging sales i.e. reduced income

2.The Seger camp finally got a better offer they had been holding out for.

It may be a bit of both but I believe the Seger camp probably looked at the current music industry landscape & accept that it isnt getting any better (regardless of the product quality or historical fan base) & that that the only way to inject additional income is to open up the number of channels by which they deliver their content.Any future releases most likely wont be supported with tours after this one, so they need to look at getting it to market as cost effectively as they can i.e. streaming.The are looking to protect the available income for family members as long as they are able now.Mr Seger is probably looking to the future now & his priority is his family.Just my thought.

PineKnob

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

PineKnob

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 345 posts

The Detroit Free Press posted this article about Seger's first week of streaming.

It lists the top 25 songs and top cities where people are streaming his music. 

http://www.freep.com...ming/427223001/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users