Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Seger Takes the Stage with 3 Doors Down!

• Please log in to reply

Pine Knob

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

Pine Knob

Stranger In Town

• Members
  • 7 posts
Seger took the stage tonight at Pine Knob (DTE Energy Music Theatre) in Clarkston, MI with 3 Doors Down to sing Landing in London. Guys, let me tell you, it was amazing! He sounded awesome, and the crowd response was phenomenal! If that's not enough to get him to tour I'm not sure what is. After the song was over, Brad Arnold, the lead singer of 3 Doors Down, said that was one of the greatest moments of his life. He then proceeded to introduce the next song by saying "This next song is (long pause) not as good as the last one". Also, I happened to meet Brad Arnold in the local Clarkston Powerhouse Gym before the show working out with one of the roadies. I asked him if Seger would show up. He just said that Seger was aware they were in town but he wasn't sure if he would show up. By the way, Brad Arnold, was a real cool down to earth guy. What a night!

rdubois85

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

rdubois85

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
this is really starting to convince me that Seger will be doing a show! :D

Great news to hear, and you are one lucky bloke to have been there to see this!!

I'm pretty jealous! :o

The Distance

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

The Distance

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 396 posts
You know, I was wondering about that...I heard on the radio they were playing the knob...and thought to myself...it would be cool if bob was there. But never thought in a million years it would actually happen!

TOO COOL!

T

Noah

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:10 AM

Noah

Official SegerNet Sports Reporter

• Members
  • 734 posts
maybe seger will be in today's (wed) detroit news or free press

way cool :D :w00t: that he is out and about doing some singing.

November 8 can't come fast enough !!!! :lol:

outlawwomen

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:35 AM

outlawwomen

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 308 posts
That is great news! :w00t: I am jealous! :)

Thanks for sharing!

SegerNet

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:59 AM

SegerNet

Custom titles available at 1,000 posts OR by request after 1 yr.

• Admin
  • 2,420 posts
I hope that show was a sellout because I know if I lved there and missed that AND there were seats available... I wouldnt be a happy camper!

Great News!

PS - this was posted by "Pine Knob" (with a space) not our "PineKnob" who posts here more frequently.. I just didnt want any confusion.

Pine Knob... are you involved in the Detroit Music Scene?

Fan From Hawaii

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

Fan From Hawaii

Fire Inside

• Members
  • 146 posts
That's Awesome, I hope that it is a sign of more Seger to come!

Does anyone know if Bob has ever played in Hawaii ?

FFH

Little Queenie

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:21 AM

Little Queenie

SEGERSLQ

• Members
  • 1,680 posts
That just MAKES MY DAY!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

97 more days till NOV 8

WOW -

Heidi

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:33 AM

Heidi

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
Wow! how exciting! Hopefully Bob will get the "fever" for touring again. Thanks for posting!

lindab

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:05 AM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
That is incredible news...absolutely incredible news!!!!! Thanks so much, I could feel you excitement. I think it is weird tho that he didn't get up and sing with Kid Rock but I suppose it is because he hadn't recorded anything with him as of then. WOW, can't even imagine the thrill for 3DD and the audience. Anyone else from here attend?

Good question.. Pine Knob...please, music industry?

thanks again :wub:

segerfan10

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

segerfan10

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 810 posts
One of my best friends called me this morning to say that he was at the 3DD concert and that Seger appeared on stage. It took some convincing to get me to believe that! :P I checked in here to see if there was any buzz about this. I saw the 'Seger Takes the Stage with 3 Doors Down' on the top and thought to myself "I'll be damned!" My friend wasn't pulling my leg after all. He went on to say that it was awesome last night. That lucky SOB! This is good news though. I have a feeling that Seger is getting the tour itch. I hope so.

segerman

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

segerman

UMC

• Members
  • 178 posts
Great news. A quick search only revealed this UPI/Washington Times story on Seger taking the stage with 3 Doors Down.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20050803-071354-9789r.htm

Bob Seger appears with 3 Doors Down

Aug. 3, 2005 at 7:22AM

Veteran rocker Bob Seger likes to make his rare public performances special and did so Tuesday night in Detroit by joining up with 3 Doors Down.
Seger joined the band on stage at the DTE Energy Music Theatre in Independence Township to recreate their duet on "Landing in London," a song from the latest 3 Doors Down album, "Seventeen Days." Seger, who sported glasses and a Harley Davidson football-style jersey, said afterwards he was "nervous" although he appeared confident and was in strong voice.
He and 3 Doors Down frontman Brad Arnold embraced at the end of the song, and the latter told the crowd: "You've just seen one of the best moments in my life."
It was Seger's first public performances since his March 2004 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and his first singing appearance in his home town Detroit area since closing his last tour there in the summer of 1996.
He's currently working on a new album, tentatively titled "Face the Promise."

segerfan10

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:26 AM

segerfan10

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 810 posts
Thanks for the article.

Pine Knob

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

Pine Knob

Stranger In Town

• Members
  • 7 posts
I don't believe the concert was a complete sell out. I do think there were just a few empty seats and you probably could have got one at showtime, but it was pretty full. In fact, I bought my tickets the night before and was only 20 rows back front and center. A lot of times tickets are released the last couple of days that were being held by radio stations or the bands, etc. I have bought tickets to shows several times last minute and sometimes end up with very good seats. No, I am not in the music industry and I apologize for the confusion with the other PineKnob (no space). Had I known that I probably would have chose another name. I am just a huge fan like everyone else here. I live in Clarkston, MI where the old Pine Knob/DTE theatre is located. The first time I saw Bob was at the Knob in 77 or 78. I have seen him every tour since then in the Detroit area.

TrueSegerfan

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

TrueSegerfan

Shinin' Brightly

• Members
  • 354 posts
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!1

That was great news. Thanks for sharing. You are one lucky pup to have seen Seger so many times. I have never had the opportunity, yet, but I now have hope that it might be a possiblility. Thanks again :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users