Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Face the Promise" Music Video!

• Please log in to reply

fine memories

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 734 posts
I agree with Eric here........this is an offical Seger release. It's very possible this is a clip from the FTP DVD. We shall soon see.

Freespirit1961

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

Freespirit1961

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 58 posts

Isn't it great to have something to actually talk about and give our opinions on again!!?? ^_^ B)

Yeah it sure is Eric but then we have been chatting all along havent we my dear?? Anyhow he is a link to all the professional releases jb colin has released through his company. http://www.collabora...rector.php?v=33

I agree with Eric here........this is an offical Seger release. It's very possible this is a clip from the FTP DVD. We shall soon see.

If it were a official release it would have been released somewhere other then myspace. It is a professional release and the guy that filmed it was on the film crew just done some more digging. Even his official release site where all his music vidios are released the kid rock cheryl crow all of them the Seger one is not there. It is only on myspace. However after some digging I did manage to find one of his comments to one of his friends that he was in the D to film the Seger show so we know it was professional made and he was hired to do that.

lindab

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
Ummmmm.......THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! More, More, More...A year ago, I was counting the hours away to see Bob and the band on November 6th. It is fun to relive it in this quality video. More, More, More!!!! Thanks Eric and anonymous!!! :wub:

Mike from GR

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

Mike from GR

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 985 posts
I agree with Eric -- this is obviously an authorized video. Only someone on the inside would have access to the video shot March 15 & 17. The backstage and hallway footage is at Cobo Arena. I saw them film crew following him and the band in those areas on the 15th, although I'm sure that some of it could have been shot with a mini-dv camera. I doubt that anyone on the inside here would betray Seger and Punch by releasing this without authorization. I think it's a prelude to a dvd release. Seger is in limbo from a recording/distribution perspective. This may even be used to help "sell" him to a new label -- a soft release of a music video that finds lots of viewship due to pent up demand for Seger.

That's my take, anyway.

Freespirit1961

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:20 PM

Freespirit1961

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 58 posts
The vidio was recorded by JD who was hired to record Cobo. He posted it on myspace tv only. He has also recorded vidio's from kid rock and cheryl crow among others. Go to his myspace page or his company. I agree it was recorded professionally by the person that recorded the cobo shows all you have to do is go to his page to see that which I have and I have also checked him out some more checked out all his official releases on vidios along with the other person that recorded it with him. Weather it was realeased official through Seger and his staff is what I will not believe until I see it someplace other then myspace tv. That is just not how Seger works. Yes it is professional. Yes it is footage that JB shot at the cobo shows and yes JB was the one that was hired to shoot the cobo shows so I would imagine he has hours and hours of footage of the shows sense he recorded 2 days of them. Just do not agree it was official release from Seger Camp.

OK maybe I am not wording myself right. I agree with Eric it is professional vidio that was shot at the last 2 cobo show by the film crew hired to shoot the cobo shows. JB Carlin and Ken Seng Jr were the ones that filmed the cobo shows on 8 mm film and JB Carlin is who released this vidio on myspace tv. His official releases can be found here <a href="http://www.collaborationfactory.com/director.php?v=33" target="_blank">http://www.collaborationfactory.com/director.php?v=33</a> some very good footage of some very good music that he was also hired to do and release officially. The Seger vidio is only on myspace tv. I think when Seger and Staff release the vidio or the promo to the dvd it will not be released just on myspace tv. I know JB and Ken had access to all of cobo as well as other things with Seger for the recording of the Cobo shows he had to have access to film right. What I do not think is this is official Seger release. It is professional yes that is what JB was hired to do film is his business so ofcourse it is professional. That does not mean it was released by Seger Camp. I imagine he had some sort of permission to post this on myspace or atleast I hope he got permission before he posted it. I just think when Seger does a official promo to the dvd it will be released someplace other then myspace. Plus this was released on September 23 over a month ago on myspace tv. So why is it only still there if it is promo and why has there only been 250 views of this vidio??

Pewter

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

Pewter

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 55 posts
All I can say is Yippeeee!!! Yahoooo!!! At least we now know they got some great footage and they are doing "something" with it.
PLEASE............BOB.............MORE!!!!!!!!!!
Loved seeing the Detroit flag in the crowd, cause we were sitting right there!
Well, no not really, didn't "sit" all night!

SegerNet

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

SegerNet

Custom titles available at 1,000 posts OR by request after 1 yr.

• Admin
  • 2,420 posts
I got a response from Jb and I will ask Jb if I have permission to post his reply here.

I'm not so sure there will be more than this video forthcoming.

smileeseger

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

smileeseger

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,340 posts
I hope that is not the final word on a DVD.
I would hate that all that footage is out there
and we won't be able to see it. :unsure:

dobie

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

dobie

UMC

• Members
  • 239 posts
I figured all along that Bob wouldn't think he looked or sounded good enough to have the DVD done from the footage they had taken...He is such a perfectionist, hense the long wait between CDs. He doesnt realize that we want him just like he is. Of course, I will still hope for a DVD, but this video and those on you tube... and my memories will satisfy me if that's all we ever get.

Mike from GR

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Mike from GR

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 985 posts
Dobie:

Ditto!

Mike

Pewter

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

Pewter

Live Bullet

• Members
  • 55 posts
Mr. Bob Seger....if you or anyone you know reads this and can pass it on.....
Please know that we all are huge fans, and always will be.
( I guess I speak for everyone on segernet)
To see you and the band up there having fun, and doing what you do best.....takes me back to all the good times growing up, and to the place I am now...
Older, wiser and better able to appreciate your genius...not to mention that grin!

So common Bob, put the DVD out...........we need a SEGER Christmas!
Carrie

FanOFBob

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

FanOFBob

UMC

• Members
  • 172 posts
i agree with pewter bob you and the band still look and sound good. We need that dvd it is almost ridiculous when you go to best buy and look at the box sets and there is nothing of yours there. We love you bob you put heart and soul into your music you were missed. Keep the music coming.

fine memories

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 734 posts
Bob is a perfectionist.......and that cuts both ways. He creates great art, but he tends to make "the perfect the enemy of the good". Hence we see Bob has hundreds of hours of concert film rotting away in the can from as far back as the 70s.

I can't say I'm surprised by the possible deep-sixing of the FTP DVD, but it is somewhat maddening. You would have thought that as Bob entered his 60s he would have relaxed enough to let more product see the light of day. I had a gut feeling that Seger might cancel the FTP DVD because his camp made a big deal about an 07 fall release.....and as fall closed in, we heard nothing but silence from them.

But it is what it is......and it's his property to do as he will with.

SegerNet

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

SegerNet

Custom titles available at 1,000 posts OR by request after 1 yr.

• Admin
  • 2,420 posts

I got a response from Jb and I will ask Jb if I have permission to post his reply here.

This is the reply I was allowed to share:

hey eric
yeah
i co-shot and
solo produced and
directed that music video
we shot on 16mm and
super 8mm and
just processed the film
we didnt use any color correction
wanted for it to have an old skool look and
feel similar to some footage of him from the 70s
it was a very amazing experience
we shot during his last two shows in
detroit and
the atmosphere was
very nostalgic
its hard to explain
he was very tired
seger
as you know
is an amazing performer and
was a true honor to film him
i dont know if this video will go anywhere
but i like it
its real and
its just seger doing what
he does best
hope you enjoy it
i have done a couple projects for
bob now and
he is a great great man
cheers
jb

Some prior posts have been edited to remove details of other concerns I brought up but was later asked not to share. My apologies for that.

Heidi

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:25 AM

Heidi

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Isn't it great to have something to actually talk about and give our opinions on again!!?? ^_^ B)

I wish I could see It!!!! :angry2: @-( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users