Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums

Welcome to Bob Seger Net Forums. Like most online communities, you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Bob Seger Net Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sunny Quinn a.k.a. Mrs. Don Brewer

• Please log in to reply

Mike from GR

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

Mike from GR

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 868 posts
This came from an article found at PalmBeachPost.com, by Anne Rodgers. She asked prominent Florida women over 45 what performer they would hit the road to see, who would be worth the overnight stay and high ticket prices:

Sunny Quinn, a 23-year radio veteran of South Florida, has the inside track on musicians. That's because the 58-year-old Jupiter woman is married to drummer Don Brewer of Grand Funk Railroad. She even took a two-year break in the 1990s to go on tour with the band.

But no fair picking your husband's group, so Sunny chose Bob Seger.

'I've loved Bob Seger's music from day one,' she said, 'his raspy, edgy voice, his catchy, diverse lyrics and melodies. Every song he's written evokes memories in my life that I love to revisit. Also, Bob treats his audiences like personal friends when he performs. He smiles, makes eye contact, and touches the hearts of everyone there.'

Sunny and Don actually met on a Bob Seger tour in 1983. Don was playing for Bob, and Sunny was in the entourage. (At the time she was married to Michael Bolton's bass player when Michael was opening for Bob.)

'Don played with Bob all through the '80s,' Sunny said, 'and on the 2007 tour as well. It was an 80-show tour and I probably went to a couple dozen.'

'I know I'm very lucky and also totally spoiled. I now only go to concerts where I can watch from backstage. I'm so lucky to have gotten to personally know one of my most beloved singers of all time. Who can't love that Old Time Rock & Roll? It always puts me in a good mood. One of my most useful quotes I still use in everyday life is, 'Oh well . . . Turn the Page' . . . my all-time favorite Seger hit.'

fine memories

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

fine memories

Like A Rock

• Members
  • 664 posts
Thanks for digging out these things Mike. it's always good to read anything about Seger by people that know him.

dobie

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

dobie

UMC

• Members
  • 228 posts
That is exactly how many of us feel about Bob and his music.

Heidi

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

Heidi

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 1,129 posts
Thanks for posting this. It was very nice to read.

lindab

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
GREAT aritcle ....THANKS Mike!!! I loved reading it. I always envy people that have been a fan of Segers and then, somehow, not only gets to meet him but become his friend!!!! AMAZING story!!! Nothing like that ever happens to me. oh well. Wish she could pull some strings and get Brewer to tour again...with Bob!!!! dream on, dream on.....

BackInSixty-Seven

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

BackInSixty-Seven

Stranger In Town

• Members
  • 7 posts
Speaking of Don Brewer, I remember when he played for Terry Knight and the Pack . . . back in '67. I still have the album I bought back then as I was a huge Terry Knight fan.

dobie

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

dobie

UMC

• Members
  • 228 posts
Terry Knight was a favorite of mine, too.

lindab

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

lindab

Certified Segerphile

• Members
  • 2,392 posts
Me too...Used to listen to him when he was a disc jockey. Back then, I only had a reel to reel tape recorder and I would sit and listen in front of the radio for them to play a favorite song so I could record it. Well, I was taping "Water Boy"....you know....bring the buc buc bucket here..waa waaa! As I was taping it Terry Knight started singing with it..out of tune I might add. I was soooo ticked. I wonder if I still have that tape in the pole barn. He sure had a horrible end to his life. sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users